International Conference on Auditory Display 2013
Lodz University of Technology, Poland
Dates: July 6-10, 2013
May 14th Announcement: All authors should by now have received confirmation of acceptance by email, so check your spam folders if you haven't. The reviews can now be viewed when you log into the website.
Please upload the camera ready papers by May 31st.
The ICAD 2013 conference will be held at the Lodz University of Technology, Poland on 6-10th
of July 2013. The event will be the 19th in the series of ICAD conferences, organized almost
yearly since 1992. The first two days of the conference will be reserved for workshops and
think-tanks, while the remaining three for oral and poster sessions.
The conference covers a wide range of topics connected to auditory displays and data sonification. The topics include, but are not limited to:
- Auditory Display: - Aesthetics - Applications - Evaluation - Methods - Philosophy - Technologies - Theory - Usability
- 3D and Spatial Audio
- Data Sonification and Audification
- Head Related Transfer Functions
- Psychoacoustics and Perceptual Research
- Sonification as Art
- Sound Interaction
- Speech Synthesis, TTS and Spearcons
- Use of Audio in Human-Computer Interfaces
- Virtual acoustic displays and environments
In 2013 we plan to have special sessions and a student think tank with blind participants focusing on:
Use of audio in assistive technologies and accessibility
The registration website is now open. Author instructions and details of the sonification contest will be posted shortly.